DJO Global (International) - Privacy Statement
This document describes how DJO Global uses and processes your personal data. We might amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our products or services.
What kinds of personal data does DJO Global collect?
Information such as your name, preferred contact details, and your payment information, as submitted by you. In addition, we may collect other information, including but not limited to:
- Cookies: A cookie is a piece of information that a website sends to your browser, enabling the site to remember information about you and your preferences.
- IP (Internet Protocol) addresses: The IP address of your computer is typically a number assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. In most cases, your IP address changes each time you connect on the internet.
- Navigational Data: Also known as log files, server logs or clickstream data, navigational data is used for marketing research, content improvement and system management purposes.
- Session cookies: A session cookie is a piece of information that is enabled only during a particular website session. It provides statistical information as well as helps make improvements in website navigation. Session cookie files are deleted after logging off the internet browser or powering off your computer.
Why does DJO Global collect and use your personal data?
We do this to be able to fill the order that was placed with us by you or on your behalf and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and to inform you about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you.
How does DJO Global share your data with third parties?
The primary purpose is to share your data relevant for your order with certain third parties who may have a role in completing such order or services. Such third parties include subsidiaries of the DJO Global corporate group. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
What security and retention procedures does DJO Global put in place to safeguard your personal data?
We observe appropriate and adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data that we process. We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you (including maintaining the online user account (if created), to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
DJO Global relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract. If the required personal data is not provided, DJO Global cannot complete the order, nor can we provide customer service. Where needed under applicable law, DJO Global will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Overseas transfers. The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, we shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards.
How can you control the personal data you have given to DJO Global?
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you but, as explained below, you may be able to make such changes yourself;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of, the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us.
For any of your requests in regards to this Privacy Statement and to exercise any of your rights or if you have a complaint, please contact us at: email@example.com
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data via DJO Global and how to contact us?
DJO Global UK Ltd.
1a Guildford Business Park
Surrey, GU2 8XG U.K.
DJO Global U.K. Ltd. controls the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement DJO Global U.K. Ltd is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or about our processing of your personal data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org